At Mariachi Alegre de Tucson, we’re always excited to help a family celebrate a young woman’s entry into adulthood (or at least “womanhood,”). Quinceaneras are a wonderful time to celebrate love, family, and change. It’s the closest thing these young women will experience to marriage for years to come! Introduce them into the world of fantastic celebrations and make them feel like the princess they’ve always wanted to be! The fifteenth year is a big deal for many teen girls, since dating may be a new goal in life, and they are starting to see added responsibilities as well as their bodies are ever changing and they are blossoming into beautiful young women! Celebrate this beautiful time while you can before they’re off to college and getting married. Today we’ll talk about some ways to make this day special without breaking the bank and while still letting her have some control in the planning. After all, it’s her day, but it’s important for all you friends, parents, and other family members!
- Be involved: Whether you’re a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, cousin, or friend, ask how you can help. Offer to help supply food, drinks or snacks. If you can bake, offer to make the beautiful cake, cupcakes, or other sugary goodies! Help set up invitations, place settings, and general decorations for her. Take some of the stress off her plate since she won’t admit when she’s overwhelmed.
- Take pictures: If you don’t know what kind of gift to get her, take pictures of the planning through the celebration and make her a scrap book or photo album! You don’t need a fancy camera to do this, either. Most smart phones have amazing cameras and you can still get disposable cameras and have the film developed! Help her remember the entire process for her to cherish throughout the rest of her years.
- Let her make some decisions: Be it where the food comes from, who’s in her court, the venue, or the color of her dress, the more she chooses, the more she’ll thank you later. You have every right to put your foot down when things get out of hand, but make sure she at least thinks she’s in charge. It’ll be a good way to introduce her into the world of responsibility.
- Don’t force her into anything: If she doesn’t want to go with a traditional theme or wear what you chose out, don’t force her. If she doesn’t want to make all of the plans and hand-write all of the invitations, find a happy medium. Stay involved and stay aware of her feelings. She’s 15, afterall.
- Hire a mariachi: Your 15 year old daughter may not find this music to be her favorite, but she’ll thank you later when she sees how much every generation present at the party loves this music! Hiring a mariachi can take care of so many elements of the party planning! From music to general entertainment to equipment rentals! From toddlers to the elders of the family, everyone will have a blast when Mariachi Alegre de Tucson is playing!